Tuesday, January 1, 2013

The Blessings Jar

When I saw this idea going around Facebook and Pinterest this last week, I knew it was something I wanted my family to do...and what better day to begin than New Year's Day.  We now have our very own "Blessings Jar", where we will record our blessings throughout this coming year, and read them together as a family next New Year's Eve - giving thanks to God for all He has done.

Being budget conscious, I used a jar I already owned, and found a printable online by Googling "Blessings Jar" and selecting images.  I found a perfect "Count Your Blessings" printable, and I added the words "and Good Times Jar!", and taped it to the jar.  I cut up strips of scrapbook paper that I already owned that matched my decor, and placed it in a prominent place in our house.

I am excited to see how God will bless our little family this coming year, and I am excited about how this process will help us to be more thankful and content in whatever circumstance God leads us through.

Happy New Year!


1 Chronicles 16:34 (NLT)

34 Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good!
    His faithful love endures forever.


  • Our "Blessings Jar"

No comments:

Post a Comment